Thursday, January 25, 2007

The search for the finalists

After my initial research and comparison, I have selected six "finalists". This are the systems I will setup to conduct a more thorough analysis. I also selected another three that I could review, in the rare case I have time for it. I would also welcome comments on my decision, and any challenge to take any other system into account.

The criteria used for the selection was based heavily on my perceptions. Many things give me a first impression that is hard to overpass: a bad Web Page (design or setup), news on the site that are over a year old, and those kind of things that give the feel of an old project being abandoned. I also ponder heavily the developers count; I usually do not trust big projects that are a "one man show". The sense of popularity is another relevant factor. Finally, a demo and screen shots usually give a good impression (unless the demo is badly setup, of course).

No comments: